Reality is what happens in real life and separates fact from fiction. Some facts are different than others – for example, did you know that the British royal family is not allowed to play Monopoly? Or is it illegal to own a pig in Switzerland because it feels lonely?
Although some facts may seem surprising, they are important for making important decisions in life. So here are some fun digital marketing facts that can influence your strategy:
- 65% of companies have extended their digital marketing due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 72% of the marketing budget will be spent on digital programs.
- 43% of companies have no application.
In the coming year, 45% of marketers plan to work on website optimization to improve the digital experience of customers.
- 70% of consumers are convinced that products with the highest ratings or reviews affect them, while 67% say they are looking for the best price.
- More than 77% of digital marketers have invested in data to improve their digital marketing in 2021.
- About 64% of marketers invest in SEO.
- 89% of businesses rely on organic search as the most effective distribution channel.
- Google said that in 2022 high emotions are looking for research.
- Research has shown that 94% of global content does not receive external links.
- The top organic search results on Google represent 32.5% of the total traffic for the search term.
- 68% of online experiences start with a search engine.
- Only 5.7% of pages will rank in the top 10 search results within a year of publication.
- Only one or two words account for 70.87% of keywords with more than 10,000 searches per month.
- Over the past year, Google searches for “in stock” have increased by over 700%.
- The top three content distribution channels used by B2B marketers are social media (89%), email (87%), and blog/website (86%).
- Content with relevant images gets 94% more views.
- 6-13 word titles get the highest and most consistent traffic (this blog has 7, maybe that’s why you’re here!?).
- WordPress users create nearly 70 million new posts every month.
- The attention span of customers is 8 seconds, so you need to make your content read!
- 85% of internet content is less than 1000 words. However, longer content (more than 1000 words) gets a limit on links.
- 84% of consumers expect companies to create engaging and valuable content experiences.
- Businesses that experience blogs get twice as much email traffic as businesses that don’t.
Advertising by e-mail
- 87% of B2B marketers include email marketing in their strategy.
- The average open rate in the business sector is 12.6%, compared to 24.8% for financial services.
- Emails sent on Fridays get a higher open rate than those sent on other days of the week.
- A study found that 49% of all emails are opened on a mobile device. 41% of millennials check their work emails in bed, before or after work.
Paid in social media
In 2021, digital media spending in the UK grew by 16.8% to more than £19.23 billion. In early 2022, a survey of digital marketers showed that they spent 15.97% of their marketing budget on social media.
The average daily time internet users aged 16 to 64 spend on social networks is 1h49. (Hoot Sequel) LinkedIn is a platform where B2B marketers can share professional content.
Posts posted on the weekend drive 27.3% more engagement than on a normal weekend. TikTok is the fastest-growing social media platform with over 2 billion users. (Here’s more on the power of TikTok for your digital strategy). There is a 30% increase in the number of consumers who say that TikTok is related to online purchases. (Jungle Scout)
The number of tweets shared in 2020 decreased by 10%. Search network advertising can increase brand awareness by 80% and display advertising has been shown to increase website traffic by 300%.
77% of consumers will choose a brand over a competitor after having a positive experience with the brand and social media. 91% of executives expect their social media budgets to increase over the next three years, with most expecting an increase of more than 50%.
The top four reasons advertisers don’t follow a brand are poor product or support (49%), poor customer service (49%), irrelevant content (45%), and more media (45%). Knowledge sharing on social networks is 3 times more popular than other types of content.
Almost 40% of marketers say that the Covid-19 pandemic has affected their plans to include video in their plans. 84% of businesses say that using video has helped them generate leads. By the end of 2022, global video viewers will reach 3.37 billion.
78% of people say they have watched a threat in the last 12 months. Online video will account for more than 82% of consumer internet traffic by 2022.
Video content receives twice as much traffic as any other type of content, including social media. 67% of viewers will stop watching a video before it ends. 95% of marketers say that video has helped customers better understand their products and/or services. When asked how they would like to learn about a product or service, 69% of consumers said they would prefer to watch a short video.
In 2020, videos with #WithMe in the title have over 2 billion views. According to Comscore, the number of times people aged 55 overspends watching YouTube videos increased by 10% between May 2020 and May 2021. Hope these facts have given you food for thought for the day and meet the need for new information!
FACT FACT: Google Images was created when the search engine got a lot of searches for Jennifer Lopez’s dress at the Grammys in 2000.